ADDITIONAL PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Design and preparation of construction plans, drainage reports/letters, and utility reports/letters for various types of projects:
1. Grand Avenue Streetscape Improvements, Town of Grand Lake, CO: Improvements to approximately 4,000 LF of existing roads and construction of new roads within the Town of Grand Lake. Preparing construction plans and final drainage report (~51 acres of tributary watershed).
2. Virtuoso Loop Extension, The Meadows, Filing 17, Area 4, Castle Rock, CO: Construction plans and Drainage Letter.
3. State Highway 104 and 49 Widening, Sutter Creek, CA – Widening of Highway 104 and Highway 49 as a conditions of approval for the Sutter Creek Crossroads commercial development. Required application for a Caltrans Encroachment Permit, as well as approvals from the City of Sutter Creek and applicable utility companies.
4. Redding Avenue Improvements, Sacramento, CA – Widening of this downtown Sacramento roadway to provide curb, gutter, planter strips, and sidewalks on both sides of the street. The project will accommodate the growth of non-vehicular traffic from the nearby transit station and Sacramento State University student housing. In addition to the roadway design, a drainage study was completed. Extensive public outreach was also conducted because of local importance of this project.
5. Trinity Parkway Improvement Plans, Stockton, CA – Design of the proposed extension of Trinity Parkway between Bear Creek Bridge and Mosher Slough. Improvements involved the redesign of existing Otto Drive where it intersects Trinity Parkway and crosses a state levee. The Trinity Parkway/Otto Drive Intersection was signalized, and the roadway profile was modified.
6. Route 1 & 9 – Middlesex & Union County, NJ –Drainage design and materials take-off.
7. Brick Boulevard Reconstruction – Ocean County, NJ – Drainage design and materials take-off.
8. Garden State Parkway (GSP) – Interchange 83, Ocean County, NJ – Design of roadway profile, horizontal alignment, and drainage. Preparation of drainage report and materials take-off. Structural surveys and inspections of existing bridges along the GSP.
ENERGY RELATED PROJECTS
1. INVENERGY Luning Septic System, Mineral County, NV: Preparation of construction plans for an on-site septic system using Infiltrator Water Technologies’ chamber mound system.
2. Western Farmers Electric Coop, Oklahoma: Prepared bid packages for 5 large PV solar sites (40 to 100 acres) and 13 smaller solar sites (1 to 5 acres). Bid Package included the Civil, Structural, and Electrical.
3. Great Bay Solar PV Plant, Somerset County, MD: Site Planning analysis for multiple sites ranging from 100 acres to 400 acres. Extensive use of GIS data to show existing jurisdictional/non-jurisdictional wetlands/streams, cultural resources, and LIDAR topo.
4. Multiple projects for M3 Midstream LLC, a midstream energy company that provides natural gas producers with services linking the wellhead to the market.
· Buffalo Creek Station Compressor Site, Marion County, West Virginia: Preliminary site plan layout and grading for an 18 acre site.
· Cooper Run Station, Monongalia, West Virginia: Preliminary site plan layout and grading of a 1 acre site for a petroleum mid-stream company.
· Hamilton Dehy Residential Grading Plan, West Virginia: Grading and road plan & profile for a very steep 1 acre site.
· Lumberport, Harrison County, West Virginia: Preliminary site plan layout and grading of a 12 acre site for a petroleum mid-stream company.
5. Noble Energy’s Gill Storage Yard, Weld County, CO: Design and preparation of construction grading plans
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECTS
1. Rocky Flats Site, North Walnut Creek Slump (NWCS) Stabilization – Engineering support to acquire a Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical investigations and final design to stabilize the OLF hillside.
2. Rocky Flats Site, Original Landfill (OLF) Stabilization – Engineering support to acquire a Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical investigations and final design to stabilize the OLF hillside.
3. Rocky Flats Site, OLF Stabilization – Engineering support to acquire a Geotechnical Engineer subcontractor; provide review and comments to the RFS OLF Additional Slope Stability Analysis Report.
4. Rocky Flats Site, Solar Ponds Plume Treatment System (SPPTS) – Engineering support to acquire a subject matter expert on uranium treatment systems; provide review and comments to the Solar Ponds Uranium Treatment Alternatives Recommendation Report; review temporary installations of uranium treatment system pilot tests such as biochemical reactor and treatment media.
5. Rocky Flats Site – SPPTS Big Box bird netting replacement with capability to handle structural snow load and fall protection.
6. Riverton, WY, UMTRA Site, Condition Assessment of the Alternate Water Supply System (AWSS) – Acquire a Civil Engineer to Assess the current condition of the AWSS and create an as-built of the entire water enable system. Perform hydraulic analysis of AWSS to recommend required replacement, repairs, and to determine an effective unidirectional flushing of the system to remove uranium.
7. Monticello, Utah, Disposal and Processing Sites, Site Electrical Upgrades – Acquire Electrical Engineer to upgrade and repair deficiencies to the electrical systems from the Field Office to the Repository Cell, and Pond 4. Update existing Arc Flash Report and install appropriate arc flash labels.
8. Monticello, Utah, Disposal and Processing Site, Lysimeter Basins – Provided plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction of 2 new Lysimeter basins at the existing Repository Cell.
9. Fernald Preserve Site: Prepared a 5-year and 100-year Floodplain analysis adjacent to an existing CAWWT building with a 200+ acre tributary watershed.
10. Monticello, Utah, Disposal and Processing Site - Groundwater Remedy Optimization– Provided plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction of 8 new extraction wells that will pump extracted uranium contaminated groundwater into a 5,000 gallon transfer tank located inside a new 500 SF building. A transfer Pump conveys the water from the transfer tank into an evaporate pond via a 1 mile transmission pipeline. Design included a SCADA system to allow the new facility to automate operation for 24 hours.
11. Fernald Preserve Site – Prepared the hydrology and hydraulic analysis to install a berm across the Major Drainage Channel (MDC) with a 200 acre tributary watershed.
12. Fernald Preserve Site – Upgrade the communication and control systems for CAWWT, wells, Parshall Flume, SSOD and Leachate that uses we based software to eliminate requirement for a designated control room.
13. Fernald Preserve Site – Prepared the hydrology and hydraulic analysis to replace the existing Lodge Pond outlet structure that was failing with a 175 acre tributary watershed. Design requirements included lowering the pond’s permanent water surface elevation and eliminate water piping around the discharge pipe by installing seepage collars.
14. Weldon Spring Site New Wastewater Treatment System (1,000 GPD) – Assisted in preparation of Base Cost Proposal. Prepared White Paper on available wastewater treatment technologies, Plans, Specifications, and provided Engineering Construction support.
15. Weldon Spring Site Administration/Annex Building Demolition – Assisted in preparation of Base Cost Proposal. Prepared White Paper on building slab reclamation, Plans, Specifications, and provided Engineering Construction support.
16. Weldon Spring Site New Temporary Office Trailer and Existing Lab Building Utilities – Assisted in preparation of Plans, Specifications, and provided Engineering Construction support.
17. Rocky Flats Site Phase 2 Dam Breach of Ponds A3 and Present Landfill – Hydrology & hydraulic design and analysis of dam breaches. Assisted in preparation of construction plans, Statement of Work, Specifications, and cost estimates. Prepared the hydrology and hydraulic Design Report for the successful approval of the project by the State Engineer's Office.
18. Rocky Flats Site – Assisted in preparation of construction plans, Statement of Work, Specifications, and cost estimates for the POC Parshall Flumes.
19. Riverton, WY Site – Subject Matter Expert for the existing potable water system on tribal land.
20. Fernald Preserve Site – Prepared the hydrology and hydraulic analysis of the existing lodge pond to repair hydraulic piping at the culverts and to reduce the number of existing outlet structure from two to one.
21. Pinellas Groundwater Plume Control and Treatment Alternatives Analysis Report – Prepare preliminary engineering design, quantity take-off, and cost estimate for each alternative.
22. Rocky Flats, CO Site , OLF erosion repair at terminal end of Berm No.7– Provide design and construction support to repair excessive erosion.
23. Pinellas, FL Site , Air-Stripper Pipe Re-routing – Prepared construction plans for a new 1” diameter pipeline to re-route discharge from an existing Air-Stripper.
24. Canonsburg, PA Site , Footbridge – Provide structural Plans, Specifications, & Estimates (PS&E), and construction support to install a wooden footbridge to cross an existing drainage channel.
25. Fernald Preserve Site, OH, NRT Resolution No. 3– Provide PS&E and construction support for removal of existing deer fence, reclamation of a 4-acre parcel, and Former Waste Pits area erosion & drainage repair.
26. Weldon Spring, MO Site, Installation of a Wind Turbine at the– Provide structural analysis and design to install a Wind Turbine on top of an existing wooden Utility Pole, located adjacent to the existing Interpretive Center building.
27. Monticello, Utah, Disposal and Processing Site, Groundwater Remediation Collection Trench– Provide plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction/installation of a new collection trench that will pump extracted contaminated groundwater to Pond 4 via a 1 mile transmission pipeline.
28. Monticello, Utah, Disposal and Processing Site, Alternatives Analysis for the Disposition of the PRB– Preparation of report that will be a precursor to an RD/RA report. Report includes background information and several alternatives for complete removal of the existing Permeable Reactive Barrier.
29. Dry Land Levee Alteration – Stockton, CA for AG Spanos – Prepared Improvement Plans for a Federal Levee project that bounds the AG Spanos’ The Preserve (Atlas Tract) project to the east.
30. USPS Newark Airport Mail Center – Newark, NJ – Expansion of existing USPS Newark AMC. Site details include layout of truck maneuvering areas, truck parking, expansion of employee parking lot, site security fencing, utility relocation, and grading & drainage.
31. USPS P&DC – Nationwide – Civil and Architectural member of USPS team for analyzing and acquiring land for USPS Processing and Distribution Centers. Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for design reviews of P&DC design/build construction drawings and specifications. Development of standard design criteria for all USPS Processing & Distribution Center. Development of design/build solicitation packages for: Atlanta, GA – Bulk Mail Center (BMC); Auburn Hills, MI – Processing & Distribution Center (P&DC); Birmingham, AL – P&DC; Boise, ID – P&DC; Boston, MA – P&DC; Central Mass – P&DC; Charlotte NC – P*DC; Cincinnati, OH – P&DC; Columbus, OH – P&DC; Fort Lauderdale, FL – P&DC; Gulfport, MS – P&DC; Kilmer, NJ – P&DC; Milwaukee, WI – P&DC; Monmouth, NJ – P&DC; Nashville, TN – P&DC; Newark, NJ – AM; Portland, ME – P&DC; Pontiac, MI – P&DC; Spokane, WA – P&DC.
32. United States Postal Service (USPS) Southern Maine Processing & Distribution Center (P&DC) – Town of Scarborough, ME – Grass roots project for a 240,000 SF Processing and Distribution Center. Provided site selection conceptual design, due diligence consulting, and 100% Civil Design with minimal impact to existing wetlands. Civil designs include layout of truck maneuvering, layout of truck and employee parking, site security fencing, provide utility services, design grading & drainage, and cost estimates.
33. USPS P&DC – Nationwide – Preparation of Solicitation Packages and 100% Civil Design of several USPS P&DCs, ranging from 60,0000 SF to 800,000 SF buildings
LAND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
1. Walker Branch Park Proposed Civic Center, Edgewater, CO: Site plan layout and drainage letter to redesign existing on-site detention pond with a 12 acre tributary watershed.
2. Access Road Construction Plans for a Water Treatment Plant, Town of Empire, Clear Creek County, CO: Prepare construction plans for a 6.5 acre site.
3. The Farm Planned Development, Town of Wiggins, CO: Review of a 123 acre subdivision final construction plans and drainage report.
4. Grading Plan for Todd and Amanda Hammerlund Commercial Property, Grand Lake, CO: Grading design to create a buildable commercial pad.
5. Centennial Corners Subdivision, Lots 3, 4 and 5, Block 1, Centennial Corner Subdivision, Filing 2, City of Centennial, Arapahoe County, CO: Utility Construction Plans.
6. The Meadows Filing 20, MNC Amenity site, Castle Rock, CO: Site construction Plans and Storm drain Plan & Profiles.
7. Copper Valley Ranch – Copperopolis, CA for Castle & Cooke – Set in a rolling and hillside terrain. A 4300+/- acre mixed use project of residential, marina, and open space uses with an existing lake system that serves as an amenity. Assisting in entitlement process and specifically in the preparation of the Specific Plan. Preparing the Tentative Map and Master Plan Studies. Providing design of roads, grading, water, sanitary, and major & minor drainage.
8. Sawmill Lake – Copperopolis, CA for Castle & Cooke – Set in a rolling and hillside terrain. A 240+/- acre mixed use project of high to low density residential, commercial, and open space uses with an existing lake system that serves as an amenity and provides the functionality needed for storm water. Assisting in entitlement process and specifically in the preparation of the Specific Plan. Preparing the Tentative Map and Master Plan Studies. Providing design of roads, grading, water, sanitary, and major & minor drainage.
9. Esparto, The Cottage Series – Esparto, CA for Castle Companies – A 40+/- acre residential project. Prepared the Improvement Plans and Drainage Report. Provided design of roads, grading, water, sanitary, and Major/Minor Drainage.
10. Gateway – Stockton, CA for AG Spanos – A 2,231 acre mixed use project of residential, commercial, institutional, and open space uses with a lake system that serves as an amenity and provides the functionality needed for storm water. Assisted in preparing the Master Development Plan (MDP) Handbook. Prepared the Tentative Map and Master Plan Studies. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water and sanitary, and minor storm drainage (i.e. drainage inlets, storm pipes, and culverts.)
11. The Preserve (Atlas Tract) – Stockton, CA for AG Spanos – A 360 acre mixed use project of residential, institutional, and open space uses with a wetlands bottom detention pond that serves as an amenity and provides the functionality needed for storm water. Assisted in preparing the Master Development Plan (MDP) Handbook. Prepared the Tentative Map and Master Plan Utility Studies. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water and sanitary, and Minor/Major storm drainage.
12. Shin Kee – Stockton, CA for AG Spanos – Prepared Improvement Plans for a 125 +/- acre of new wetlands/wildlife habitat to mitigate AG Spanos’ Gateway and West Lake projects.
13. Copper Canyon – Reno, NV for SUNCAL – A 1,300 acre mixed use project of Low – Medium density residential, commercial, institutional, and open space uses on a challenging mountainous terrain. Assisted in preparing the Master Development Plan (MDP) Handbook. Prepared the Tentative Map and Master Plan Utility Studies. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water and sanitary, and minor storm drainage (i.e. drainage inlets, storm pipes, and culverts).
14. The Lanterns – Castle Rock, CO for Village Homes – An 848 acre, 548 single-family residential subdivision. Prepared Preliminary Plat and Filing No. 1 Final Plat and Construction Drawings. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water and sanitary, and minor storm drainage (i.e. drainage inlets, storm pipes, and culverts).
15. Heckendorf Ranch Filing No. 2 for Renaissance Homes – Castle Rock, CO – A 300 acre, 246 single family subdivision with commercial pads. Prepared Final Plat and Construction Drawings. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water and sanitary, and Major/Minor storm drainage (i.e. Regional water quality/detention pond, two water quality/detention ponds, HEC-RAS analysis of existing unnamed gulch, etc.).
16. Kings Point Filing No. 1 – Aurora, CO – A 448 acre high end residential golf course community with 293 single family subdivision, multi-family units, and commercial pads. Prepared Final Plat and Construction Drawings. Provided design of roads, overlot grading, water & sanitary and major storm drainage (2 retention ponds, 2 detention ponds, and HEC-RAS analysis of 3 major drainage channels, etc.)
17. Ridge At Hiwan 12th Filing – Evergreen, CO – A 3.5 acre multifamily site consisting of seven buildings with 8 units each. Prepared Construction Drawings and Drainage Report. Provided design of finished grading plan and drainage.
18. Stonegate Filing No. 4, 4th Amendment – Douglas County, CO – Preparation of construction drawings and final plat of an 8.3 acre commercial parcel to be subdivided into 5 lots.
19. Aspen Creek Pedestrian Underpass – Broomfield, CO –Construction of a Pedestrian Underpass crossing under 124th Street. Civil design includes preparation of Construction documents, grading & drainage, roadway design, profiles, cross-sections, soil erosion & sediment controls, and cost estimates.
20. Bristol Village Apartments – Aurora, CO – Prepared Site Development Plans and Construction Plans. Performed grading & drainage and utility analysis and design of a 15 acre and 11 acre multi-family development.
21. Towers Parking Lot Improvements – Denver, CO – Prepared construction drawings of 5-acre parking lot improvements. Designed grading & drainage and utility relocation.
1. Empire West Subdivision Lot 2A, Children’s Learning Adventure, Broomfield, CO: Utility Construction Plans; Storm Plan and Profiles.
2. Chowchilla Sportsmen’s Club, Inc., Chowchilla, CA: Preliminary Drainage Report for a 40 acre property with a proposed gun range and club house.
3. Accel at Golden Ridge, Panorama Orthopedics & Spine Center, PC, Rehabilitation Center, Golden, CO: Design and preparation of construction plans and drainage report for a 5 acre site (Construction completed on January 2017).
4. Villagio at Aurora Commercial Site, Lot 1, Block 1, Cattlemen’s at Eagle Bend Subdivision, Filing 1, County of Arapahoe, CO: Final Construction Plans and Drainage Report.
5. Arby’s Lincoln Town Center, Douglas County, CO: Construction plans and Drainage Letter.
6. Marriott Courtyard at Abelene Station, Lot 2, Block1, Abilene station Subdivision, Aurora, CO: Construction Plans.
7. Kwik Car Wash – Parker, CO – Preparation of construction drawings and replat of a car wash site on a 2 acre site to be subdivided.
8. Commercial Federal Bank – Broomfield, CO – A 1.5 acre site that includes design of site layout, grading & drainage, utilities, and coordination with city reviewers.
9. Amphitheater – Randall’s Island, NY – A new Amphitheater that required civil design of utility services and grading & drainage.
10. Obayashi/AMEC Line 4 – Troy, OH – Expansion of an existing CRT manufacturing Facility. Civil design requirements include relocation of existing utilities, grading and drainage, revise layout of access road, layout of tractor-trailer maneuvering area for the new dock positions.
11. CertainTeed – Kansas City, KS – Relocation of parking, truck maneuvering and access points. Design of site grading, drainage, and utility relocations. Site details consisted of maneuvering areas for truck and equipment access, and detailed design of unloading and containment plat forms for raw materials. Structural design of platforms, steel framing of 5 and 7 ton Monorails, steel and framing for heavy mechanical equipment, retaining walls, concrete dumpster pads, and concrete transformer pads.
12. Salomon Smith Barney – Brooklyn, NY – A new Printing Facility adjacent to the New York Bay. Site elements include employee parking lot, site access, and truck maneuvering areas to access dock positions. Civil design includes utility relocations and grading & drainage.
13. Voicestream – New York Metro Area – Expansion of 14 existing cellular towers located throughout the New York Metro Area. Prepared site plan and structural Bid documents.
14. Continental Cargo Building – John F. Kennedy Airport, NYC – 60,000 SF Cargo Facility. Included site elements such as layout of plane positions within the airside, tractor-trailer maneuvering areas, trailer parking and employee parking, relocations of existing utilities, and grading & drainage.
1. Clear Creek Fire Department, CO: A 2 acre site plan layout and grading on a 3:1 sloping site.
2. Regis University, Phase I Water Main Upgrade – Denver, CO – Upgrade the entire water main within the site to public water, to be owned by Denver Water. Civil designs include horizontal alignments, profiles, hydraulic analysis (EPANET), preparation of water plans and water easements.
3. Bronx High School of Science – Brooklyn, NY – Construction of Handball courts. Design o grading and drainage. Architectural/Engineer Field Representative. Approval of shop drawings and A/E representative for Final Punch List inspection.